Custom Wedding Flowers, Greater Daytona Beach Area, Flowers by Milk and Honey

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Part 2: Travels to Athens, Greece

Thanks to the Design*Sponge Athens city guide we had a ton of great local restaurants, and stores to visit. I love visiting foreign countries and being able to see their different takes on design, and style.
 One day (for Alex it was everyday) we went out for Freddo (Iced) Cappuccinos. But on this particular day, we had a lovely view of the Acropolis, which was absolutely mesmerizing. 

To see some nightlife, we went out around 10:00 for dinner one night. This was the cafe across the street from the restaurant where we were eating. I loved the lights, and how everything was painted white, with grey trim. If you notice, they even painted the tree trunk white which we saw done a few times. I'm currently reading a book about an early 20th century floral designer, Constance Spry, who was famous for painting everything in a room white to showcase her floral arrangements. This cafe reminded me of that, and made me want to paint every tree in my yard white.

Alex and I standing in front a small garden inside the ancient Stoa in the Agora. 

These next three pictures are all from my favorite restaurant we visited for breakfast, Pure Bliss. We were informed there that the Greeks don't really eat breakfast, they just have coffee, and then a light snack for lunch, a kind of tea time around 6:00pm, and then dinner at 10:00pm. Personally, I'd be starved if that's all I ate. So we had to settle for dessert for breakfast! Turns out however that the Greeks don't really do dessert either, because one of the options we saw a lot was yogurt with honey and fruit. Um...that sounds like breakfast to me!

 So here, Alex is eating apple pie (which had an oatmeal crust), and freshly squeezed fruit juice. The fruit juice is very thick, because after they squeezed the juices out, they put it in a blender with greek yogurt. They didn't add any sweetener though, but it still tasted very fresh, fruity, and healthy.

This was my white flower tea. Isn't it beautiful?

Alex and I out exploring with our €5 RayBans! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment